Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminium/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range. C-CAM tweeters and woofers share an audible consistency producing a smooth transition of frequencies and a sense of realism and cohesion in the soundstage.
- 4" C-CAM bass drivers
- C-CAM Gold Dome tweeters
- HiVe II port design
- Single through-bolt driver fixings
- Radius 90: Single point 1/4"x20TPI wall fixing. Use the optional Monitor Audio speaker mount or any standard wall bracket
- Radius 90: Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system
- Radius 200: Dual C-CAM bass drivers with C-CAM tweeter in MTM style configuration
- Silver W12: 500 W Class D amplifier with switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
- Silver W12: Ultra long throw 12" driver featuring concave dished' C-CAM cone
- Silver W12: Monitor Audio developed Automatic Position Correction (APC) optimises response for room acoustics
- Silver W12: 12 volt trigger provides switching control from AV amp or processor
- Silver W12: 3 x Pre-set EQ settings - Music/Movie/Impact
||Satellite speaker with 4" C-CAM bass driver and 1" C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter.
||Centre-channel speaker with twin 4" C-CAM bass drivers and 1" C-CAM gold dome tweeter.
||Active subwoofer with 12" C-CAM long throw driver and 10" ABR, with 500 W Class-D amplifier with Switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
Energy Star Rated:
Product Protection Plans are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase Product Protection Plans and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a Product Protection Plan. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive Product Protection Plans when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.