A further leap in dimension brings still greater rewards in the form of the outstanding PL300 II.
Standing at over a metre in height and designed to move the air in larger listening environments, the PL300 II will energise your listening across an enormous sound stage, magically studded with an abundance of natural detail. Its four driver system involving twin 8" RDT II drivers, 4" TLE loaded midrange and MPD tweeter, captures all the fluid tonal complexity and dynamic richness of each performance on a truly orchestral scale.
Explore the depths and climb to the heights of your music and film favourites with an effortlessness that confirms an inescapable truth: the bigger the Platinum, the more precious the prize.
This product is now available to use with home theatre design software, The CEDIA Designer. .
- 2 x 8" RDT II long throw bass drivers
- 4" RDT II mid-range driver
- MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) high frequency transducer designed specifically for Platinum II
- 2 x HiVe II ports
- Patented ' DCF ' (Dynamic Coupling Filter) mechanism for more natural sound
- Bespoke speaker terminals and footings
- Underhung, edge-wound voice coils: greater driver efficiency and lifelike dynamics, less distortion
- Bolt through drivers: clearer sound and cleaner aesthetics
- Anti-Resonance Composite ( ARC ) mid-range housings and baffle components: reduced cabinet vibration, purer sound quality
- TLE (Tapered Line Enclosure) sealed internal enclosure for mid-range drivers: greater sound accuracy and reduced cabinet vibration
- Hand-upholstered front baffle: the very highest quality Inglestone leather supplied by Andrew Muirhead
- Individual driver grilles
- Finish options: Santos Rosewood or Ebony natural wood veneers with clear gloss piano lacquer, or Piano black gloss lacquer
||3 Way - 4 Driver
|Frequency Response (-6 dB - IEC 268-13)
||28 Hz - 100 kHz
||117.8 dBA (pair)
||4 ohms (4.2 ohms min. @ 111 Hz)
|Power Handling (RMS)
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements
||100 - 300 W
||Two HiVe II ports Sealed mid-range TLE enclosure
|Drive Unit Complement
||2 x 8" RDT II long-throw bass drivers 1 x 4" RDT II mid-range driver 1 x MPD high frequency transducer
||MF/HF: 3.4 kHz LF/MF: 500 Hz
|External Dimensions (Including Plinth & Terminals) (H x W x D))
||1075.4 x 432.4 x 517.83 mm (42 5/16 x 17 x 20 3/8 ")
|External Dimensions (Including Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))
||1111.7 x 432.4 x 517.83 mm (43 3/4 x 17 x 20 3/8 ")
||54.52 kg (120 lb 3 oz)
Energy Star Rated:
Product Protection Plans are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase Product Protection Plans and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a Product Protection Plan. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive Product Protection Plans when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.