It's unlikely you'll discover a more persuasive speaker than the PL100 II in its price class, but compare the floor-standing PL200 II with its smaller sibling and immediately you'll notice the effect of four drivers in a larger cabinet.
Such is the quality of Platinum II's engineering that the character of the sound remains powerfully consistent and expressive, but with the addition of a second 6.5" RDT II driver, the PL200 II's bass has more weight, while its dedicated 4" RDT II midrange driver brings further definition to vocals and strings.
Through the PL200 II, subtle textures are more vividly described and every note rendered with greater authority. It's a factor of scale. Platinum II's class-leading accuracy is a given, you simply need to match it with the size of your room.
This product is now available to use with home theatre design software, The Cinema Designer. .
- 2 x 6 1/2" RDT II long throw bass drivers
- 4" RDT II mid-range driver
- MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) high frequency transducer designed specifically for Platinum II
- 2 x HiVe II ports
- New patented 'DCF' (Dynamic Coupling Filter) mechanism for more natural sound
- Bespoke speaker terminals and footings
- Underhung, edge-wound voice coils: greater driver efficiency and lifelike dynamics, less distortion
- Bolt through drivers: clearer sound and cleaner aesthetics
- Anti-Resonance Composite (ARC) mid-range housings and baffle components: reduced cabinet vibration, purer sound quality
- TLE (Tapered Line Enclosure) sealed internal enclosure for mid-range drivers: greater sound accuracy and reduced cabinet vibration
- Hand-upholstered front baffle: the very highest quality Inglestone leather supplied by Andrew Muirhead
- Individual driver grilles
- Finish options: Santos Rosewood or Ebony natural wood veneers with clear gloss piano lacquer, or Piano black gloss lacquer
||3 Way - 4 Driver
|Frequency Response (-6 dB - IEC 268-13)
||35 Hz - 100 kHz
||117 dBA (pair)
||4 ohms (4.0 ohms min. @ 135 Hz)
|Power Handling (RMS)
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements
||100 - 250 W
||Two HiVe II ports Sealed mid-range TLE enclosure
|Drive Unit Complement
||2 x 6 1/2 " RDT II long-throw bass drivers 1 x 4" RDT II mid-range driver 1 x MPD high frequency transducer
||MF/HF: 3.9 kHz LF/MF: 750 Hz
|External Dimensions (Including Plinth & Terminals) (H x W x D))
||1015.4 x 380.22 x 407.87 mm (40 x 15 x 16 1/16 ")
|External Dimensions (Including Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))
||1051.7 x 380.22 x 407.87 mm (41 3/8 x 15 x 16 1/16 ")
||36.08 kg (79 lb 6 oz)
Energy Star Rated:
Product Protection Plans are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase Product Protection Plans and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a Product Protection Plan. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive Product Protection Plans when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.