Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminium/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range. C-CAM tweeters and woofers share an audible consistency producing a smooth transition of frequencies and a sense of realism and cohesion in the soundstage.
Gold Dome C-CAM®
The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminium/magnesium alloy, gold anodised to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modelling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
HiVe II Port Technology
A new type of port technology which uses a straight rifled design to accelerate air flow and reduce turbulence. HiVe II technology has the ability to move air in and out much quicker than a conventional port, the result is fast powerful bass coupled with superior transient response.
- 4" bass midrange driver featuring C-CAM cone technology.
- Specially developed 1" C-CAM tweeter design featuring unique venting and rear loading chamber - low resonance design to provide clean, pure sound.
- Damped polymer moulded cabinet with internal ribbing.
- The curved shape helps to eliminate un-wanted standing waves.
- Single point fixing (1/4" UNC) for universal wall bracket installation (not provided).
- Concealed, discreet cable termination inside end cap using binding post type connection.
- Single bolt through driver and bracing system, for increased overall bracing and rigidity.
- Single rear mounted port featuring HiVe technology for clean, powerful, punchy bass.
- Black cloth finish with contrasting solid aluminium end caps.
- Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system.
||80 Hz - 30 kHz
|Drive Unit Complement
||1 x 4" C-CAM Bass/Mid-range Driver 1 x 25 mm C-CAM tweeter with vented loading system
|Power Handling (RMS) With Amplifier Crossover (100 Hz)
|Power Handling (RMS)
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements
||25 - 100 W
||80 - 120 Hz
||Reflex Rear Ported
|Overall Dimensions (H x W x D)
||224 x 128 x 128 mm 8 13/16 x 5 1/16 x 5 1/16 "
||1.65 kg (3 lb, 10 oz)
Energy Star Rated:
Product Protection Plans are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase Product Protection Plans and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a Product Protection Plan. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive Product Protection Plans when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.