Monitor Audios proprietary ribbon tweeter design uses an ultra-thin sandwich of C-CAM alloy suspended in a powerful transverse magnetic field of high energy NeFeB rare earth magnets. The ribbon serves as both voice coil and radiating diaphragm, with every part of the ribbon driven directly and simultaneously without energy storage. Having a mass of just 18mg, its diaphragm is able to start and stop in an instant, producing a transient response capable of defining the leading edge and natural harmonic resonance of complex musical sounds. Specified to reach ultra-high frequencies up to an elusive 100 kHz, Platinums magical ribbon tweeter will reproduce with ease every last nuance and detail from vinyl, CD, DVD-A and SACD, together with the wider bandwidth of Blu-ray.
- Dual 6.5" C-CAM bass drivers featuring RST dimpled' cone technology
- Die-cast alloy bass driver chassis provides rigidity; results in punch bass and clean mid-range performance due to reduced transfer of vibrations
- Dual 4" C-CAM mid-range drivers featuring RST dimpled' cone and underhung voice coil technologies
- C-CAM Ribbon High Frequency transducer
- Innovative HF rotating system to facilitate portrait or landscape orientation
- Integrated back-box to provide rear sound isolation resulting in controlled performance'
- Cast Polymer enclosure - designed to provide high degree of rigidity and acoustic damping properties
- High overall efficiency and maximum SPL for powerful home theatre installations
- High power handling
- Three-way design in a symmetrical B-M-T-M-B' configuration
- High-end crossover design - featuring low loss inductors and audiophile grade Polypropylene capacitors
- Patented Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping systems providing three times the surface area and improved sealing
- Trim-less, low profile magnetic grilles provide attractive, discreet visual aspect and easy installation and servicing
||50 Hz - 60 kHz (-6 dB typical in room response)
|Power Handling (RMS)
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements
||60 - 150 W
||L.F - 500 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave M.F -500 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave. 3 kHz @ 18 dB/Octave H.F - 3 kHz @ 18 dB/Octave
|Drive Unit Complement
||2 x 6.5" C-CAM Bass drivers with RST cone technology 2 x 4" C-CAM Mid-range drivers with RST cone technology 1 x C-CAM H.F ribbon transducer
||Boundary Compensation (On/Off) MF Level: +1/0/-1 (dB) HF Level: +1/0/-1 (dB)
|Overall Dimensions (H x W x D)
||907 x 257 mm (35 3/4 x 10 1/8 ")
|Overall Depth (Including Grille)
||102 mm (4")
||880 x 230 mm (34 21/32 x 9")
||96 mm (3 3/4 ")
||10 x Tri-Grip Dog leg fixings
||Cast Polymer enclosure with die-cast Aluminium baffle (RoHS2 Compliant)
||12.98 kg (28 lb 6 oz)
||WB12 Pre-Construction Bracket (Green)
Energy Star Rated:
Product Protection Plans are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase Product Protection Plans and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a Product Protection Plan. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive Product Protection Plans when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.